Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Hallway Display





We have a big inspection team coming to one of the school's I go between at the end of February and that got me thinking about hallway displays.

I wanted a hallway display that could be left up all year and simply added to as the year progressed. I originally thought of doing what I did in the pictures above but labeling it 1st quarter, 2nd quarter, 3rd quarter, and 4th quarter (which I still think is a good idea). I approached the fourth grade science teacher and she was game to let me put it up outside of her room (my old classroom) and pull children to put together the display for the first two units in science. The idea is that then the children would add items to the next unit they are moving into.

I have received a lot of compliments on the display and I sort of hope others use it to spring board their hallway decorations. It can be put up at the beginning of the year and just added to each quarter.

I added a sun to each unit as the connecting link between them. One teacher thought that the blank sheets could be laminated and reused every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment